Experienced VA or Licensed Technician
Westland, MI Posted: 10/9/2019
Westland Animal Hospital
7610 N Wayne Rd.
Westland, MI 48185
We are a full-service veterinary hospital that offers specialty and generalized pet care. We offer a wide variety of diagnostic services, x-ray examinations, surgical procedures, vaccinations, and routine check-ups. As a state-of-the-art veterinary hospital, we also offer auxiliary services such as overnight boarding services. Now open for walk-ins, routine care, and critical vet care!
We are in need of an Experienced Veterinary Assistant or Technician to Join Our Growing Practice!
Some Nightime and Weekend Availability Needed!
A licensed veterinary technician must be able to provide leadership and training to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act.
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a DVM.
- Educate clients to foster the best continued care practices.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and checking in clients.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- It will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AVIMark).
Certificates and Licenses:
- A licensed veterinary technician license is preferred.
Already have an account? Log in here