St. Francis Animal Hospital announces a Veterinarian opportunity in St. Francis, WI. Our productive Animal Hospital is relocating to a state of the art facility and needs to add to our team!
About our Facility:
St. Francis Animal Hospital is a well-established, full-service, small animal, veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, preventative, surgical, and dental care to the St. Francis, Cudahy, and West Milwaukee areas. We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories. We also work closely with local board specialists when special diagnostic procedures are required. Our facility includes laser therapy, in-house surgery suite, in-house digital x-ray capabilities, ultrasound, a closely supervised hospitalization area, and indoor boarding kennels with outdoor walking areas.
As a Veterinary Professional you already know what the day to day requirements of being an outstanding Small Animal Care DVM. Here are a few key responsibilities:
- Passion for animals an active interest in their health and wellbeing.
- Diagnose, perform surgery and treat array of patients.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Call clients for follow up and to discuss results.
- Set standards of care/protocols for medical and surgical areas.
- Leadership skills - Ability to lead and establish a vision for the practice team.
- Proven ability to perform all basic surgeries, including use of all standard medical instruments and equipment.
- Perform medical duties.
- Maintain practice growth and review financial reports.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize, and thrive in an oftentimes fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Work collaboratively with practice manager for administrative management.
- High emotional intelligence - Deal with clients in a manner that shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AVImark).