Mayfair Animal Hospital in Wauwatosa, WI is currently seeking a Hospital Medical Director to lead the team. Our facility is located at: 11619 W. North Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53226.
A Medical Director must be able to provide leadership and training to the DVM staff in the operation of a small animal hospital in accordance with MVP hospital policy. They must work with the staff to ensure adequate and appropriate coverage for all shifts.
While under the supervision of the Regional Medical Director and while working in conjunction with the hospital manager, a medical director must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Take part in job shadows and interviews related to the DVM staff and provide feedback to the operations manager and regional medical operations director as needed
- Help to develop and design the AAH group mentoring program
- Provide detailed orientation, training and development of the skill base of the DVM staff through the use of the AAH group mentoring program
- Act as the immediate contact person for all DVM staff members when they have questions regarding cases or specific skills
- Start each shift with rounds, with discussion of any training material for that day
- Review treatment sheets and medical records to ensure standard of care is met by staff and doctors
- Report to the hospital manager any staff members that should be recognized for a job well done, participate in positive reinforcement
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to regional operation medical director for DVM performance evaluations or performance corrections and to the hospital manager for staff member performance evaluations or performance corrections. Participation in reviews may be required.
- Provide adequate coverage in the case of vacations or staffing changes for DVM
- Develop and co-lead DVM meetings
- Manage call-ins and physically cover shifts as needed
- Work with the location manager and operations manager to deal with client complaints
- Create and develop protocols as needed
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully the night manager should have knowledge of Word Processing software. It will also be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (Avimark).
Other Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent communication and organization skills. Attention to detail is very important.
Certificates and Licenses: Credentialed by the state of Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing is required. Experience in emergency and critical care is required.
Mayfair Animal Hospital is a 24/7 Urgent Care Clinic. We see a range of cases each day and perform some emergency type surgeries. The Hospital Medical Director will be asked to work some clinical days in addition to office administrative days. Some overnight shifts and rotating weekend shifts will be required. Compensation is generous and based off of experience level and availability to start.