Licensed Veterinary Technician - Feline Exclusive Practice
Plymouth, MI Posted: 10/31/2019
Country Cat Clinic
6279 N. Territorial Rd.
Plymouth, MI 48127
Veterinary Technician or Elevated Veterinary Assistant
*Are you looking for the next step as a VA, do you want to pursue a technician role? Apply today for immediate consideration! Experience Required*
Feline Exclusive/ Beautiful Clinic
We are a feline exclusive clinic which provides a low stress, cat-friendly environment in a quiet country setting. We offer state of the art equipment and lots of training opportunities coupled with a well-established staff. We value every interaction with our patients and their parents. Every appointment is personalized for each patient and visit; We take great care in listening to the needs and wants of everyone who walks through our doors. Our staff understands the unique and deep relationship between cats and the humans who love them.
A licensed veterinary technician must be able to provide leadership and training to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act.
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a DVM.
- Educate clients to foster the best continued care practices.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and checking in clients.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- It will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AVIMark).
Certificates and Licenses:
- A licensed veterinary technician license is preferred.
Already have an account? Log in here