Certified Veterinary Technician – Part Time or Full Time
Advanced Animal Hospital
3374 W. Loomis Rd.
Greenfield, WI 53221
- Opportunity to further develop your technical skills.
- Lovely community, part time or full time hours! - Genuine Work-Life Balance
- Competitive pay PLUS benefits for full time employees!
Rediscover your passion for healing as you join a team of exceptional Veterinary Professionals, committed to medical and surgical excellence in an empathetic, warm and friendly environment.
Here at Advanced Animal Hospital we recognize that our team is the foundation of not just our business, but of our way of life. Through consistent growth, based on the quality of our service, we now have the opportunity to welcome a new team member who will join us in the next exciting phase of our journey.
When you walk into our charming facility you will be greeted by our wonderful staff and made to feel at home. Advanced Animal Hospital is a well-established, full-service, small animal, veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, preventative, surgical, and dental care to the New Berlin, West Allis, Greenfield, Milwaukee, Oak Creek, Franklin, and Milwaukee areas. We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories. We also work closely with local board specialists when special diagnostic procedures are required.
At Advanced Animal Hospital we strive to offer not only sound advice but also optimal veterinary care, thus allowing you the enjoyment of your companion for a maximum number of years. Our job is not only to treat your pet when he or she isn’t feeling well but also to help you learn how to keep your best friend happy and healthy.
- 3 exam rooms
- 3 doctor practice
- In-house testing
- X-ray capabilities
- Hospitalization area
- Outdoor walking area
About This Role
A veterinary technician must be able to provide leadership and training to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act.
As a Veterinary Technician here are just a few of the key tasks that you will be contributing to together with the rest of our team:
- Take part in jobs shadows or working interviews as necessary
- Take part in training as necessary
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360-degree employee performance evaluations.
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a DVM.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and checking in clients.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- It will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AVImark).
- You genuinely care for pets, your fellow team members and customers.
- You have an enquiring and inquisitive mind.
- You understand that attention to detail and documentation is as essential as great diagnostic expertise.
Do you love to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you enjoy helping clients and patients feel at home? You will have an important role in our clinic as the one of the main points of contact for all our wonderful community we serve. We cannot wait to hear from you so apply today for immediate consideration!