Position: Power BI Developer
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners, LLC
Location: Novi, MI
Direct Hire Position
Mission Veterinary Partners, LLC (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking a Power BI developer to join its team. The Company currently operates forty-eight veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern
United States and is a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity firm Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic
growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the Midwest.
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, the Power BI developer will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining dashboards/reports that are requested and that will be used
throughout MVP. Additional responsibilities will include enforcing dashboard/reporting standards, security, support end users and training new Power BI users.
Key Responsibilities and Goals:
The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of job functions, and this listing does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the Power BI developer. The Power BI Developer is required to follow other instructions and perform other duties as assigned by the Business Intelligence manager.
- Work with users to design and develop dashboards/reports
- Troubleshoot and provide support for new and existing dashboards/reports
- Responsible for monitoring, optimizing dashboards/reports; troubleshooting dashboard/report problems and outages; scheduling upgrades
- Responsible for providing users access to dashboards/reports; monitoring security and maintaining security
- Involvement in project work including recommendation, design, testing, and implementation of various dashboard/reporting solutions
- Create, update and contribute to technical and self-help documents that are maintained in the IT Knowledgebase
- Provide mentoring and support to end users
- Assist with training of internal customers on Power BI
- Work with and escalate to MVP IT Team Members
- Participation in after-hours maintenance to update, change, and install various systems as needed.
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related major is preferred
- 1+ years of Business Intelligence experience, including Power BI, dashboards and reports
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair dashboards and report
- Cloud Experience – Microsoft Azure, Power BI
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent presentation skills with proven ability to communicate complex technical information in a way that is easily understood by others
- Self-starter, creative and a problem solver
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Passion for excellence
- Value, participate and embrace a team environment and culture
- Displays flexibility and willingness in performing all other duties as assigned.
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will include an attractive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.