Indian River Veterinary Clinic
Veterinary Technician/Veterinary Assistant
If you love animals, want to practice the best veterinary medicine available, and think pet owners deserve to be treated as the very special people they are - then Indian River Veterinary Clinic is looking for you! We are adding to our team!
Are you thinking about taking an adventure and exploring Northern Michigan? Are you looking for an opportunity at a well-established clinic that offers digital radiology, in-house chemistry, emergency and/extended care, nutritional counseling, surgical services and so much more.
Look no further, Indian River Veterinary Clinic has a lot to offer!
Indian River, has so many things to see and do in the up-north atmosphere. During, the winter months, enjoy snowmobiling, skiing, and snowshoeing to ice fishing and other outdoor activities. When Spring and Summer comes you can go canoeing, golf, play on our beaches, fish or just relax. It is perfectly located half way between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. It also has Michigan's famed Inland Waterway making it a boating and finishing wonderland. It also has some of the best power sports trails and routes in Michigan plus is an ATV, motorcycle and snowmobile friendly community!
At Indian River Veterinary Clinic, we take pride in delivering personalized, compassionate care to our patients and their guardians! Our team has been working together for many years and are knowledgeable in most all areas of small animal medicine.
Position Overview: Our technicians are key to providing outstanding patient care. If you want to fully utlilize your technicial skills and veterinary knowledge, IRVC is the right place for you!
- Performs all duties in accordance with hospital medical policies and procedures.
- Assists in restraining pets when necessary.
- Prepares and maintains the exam rooms and treatment areas.
- Assists other staff members as required.
- Performs other duties as determined by the doctors or management.
- Support veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- Assist with surgeries and procedures in accordance with the state's Veterinary Practice Act outlined for credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Assist in maintaining relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice system.
- Obtain relevant health history and information from clients and maintain medical charts.
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
Apply today for immediate consideration!