Evening Receptionist - Wauwatosa, WI
Wauwatosa, WI Posted: 1/13/2020
Mayfair Animal Hospital
11619 W. North Ave.
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Evening Veterinary Receptionist
(10:00am - 10:00pm Thursdays, Fridays, and Every Other Saturday & Sunday)
Have you ever wanted to work with both humans and animals in the busy veterinary medicine industry? This is a unique opportunity to gain experience is a growing career field! We are a busy multi-doctor 24/7 clinic, located minutes away from Mayfair Mall (off of Hwy 45) in Wauwatosa, WI.
What's unique about us?
Gold standard of care - Compassionate care / Quality Medicine provided
Team is well trained and friendly
Fast paced environment
State of the art equipment - all the fun toys!
Summary: A veterinary receptionist must be able to provide excellent customer care in accordance with hospital policy and promote gold standard medical care. While under the supervision of the practice manager, a veterinary receptionist must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- May be asked to assist animals with minimal contact.
- Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and checking in clients.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
- Cleaning and Maintenance.
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Delegate additional cleaning duties as necessary during slow times in the absence of a supervisor.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (AVImark).
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds, and over 50 pounds with a co-worker.
- Endure sitting, standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods
- Ability to be confident around pets.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while in a hospital environment.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Minimal travel required, possibly for vendor visits and associate education.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here