Position: Acquisition Manager / Project Manager
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Novi MI /Southfield MI
Mission Veterinary Partners (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking an Acquisition Manager to join its team. The Company currently operates over fifty veterinary hospitals in the United States and is a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity firm Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the United States.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Integrations, the Acquisition Manager will be an integral part of the new clinic acquisition growth of the Company. The Acquisition Manager will support the closing process, from letter of intent through final partnership, including coordinating with third party diligence teams, veterinary hospital owners/sellers, and MVP management to ensure a timely and smooth process to finalizing the partnership. A successful candidate will be charged with involving all key parties to the acquisition, actively managing each aspect of the closing process, and maintaining organization across multiple acquisitions at a time. Candidates for this position will be self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and professionalism. The Acquisitions Manager will work closely with the integration, finance and business development to ensure a timely and effective completion to the acquisition, allowing MVP to capitalize on the growth of the business throughout the Midwest.
Key Responsibilities and Goals:
- Coordinate and track due diligence activities, including financial, HR, vendor accounts, key contracts, legal documentation and contracts, and other key integration items required for a successful partnership
- Ensure proper flow of information concerning the acquisition to the selling veterinarians, third party diligence providers, and the MVP executive team in order to facilitate a smooth and efficient process
- Effectively communicate project expectations to all parties in a timely and clear fashion
- Develop, deliver, and present progress reports, memos, and presentations outlining status, plans, problems, and resolutions for MVP management team across multiple projects
- Establish trust with selling veterinary and act as key contact through diligence process as MVP’s representative
- Regularly interacts with other key members of the management and integration teams
- Provide leadership toward additional value-added activities and support operational and departmental excellence
- Constantly evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiency
- Maintain honest and ethical conduct at all times
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with four or more years of experience in a project management or acquisition management role to join an entrepreneurial environment and assist in the robust inorganic growth engine with an exciting business in veterinary medicine.
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Minimum of 4+ years of work experience in project management / project coordination, preferably acquisition management
- Strong financial and business management skills
- Experience in understanding and interpreting contract and legal language
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to manage and prioritize multiple business objectives and projects with the proper sense of urgency and limited supervision
- Must be highly flexible in handling a wide range of duties and projects simultaneously and as needs arise and effectively prioritize issues and timelines
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with an outgoing personality
- Experience in effectively communicating with multiple parties within a project (both internal and external)
- Highly motivated “self-starter” with the ability to work under strict project timelines
- Strong written and oral presentation skills; ability to present concisely and with detail
- Experience with, or demonstrate the ability to use, web-based tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and project management tools.
- Strong desire to learn and serve as a valuable team member
- Ability to work in autonomous, fast moving environment
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will include an attractive base salary and performance-based bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants requesting accommodation due to a disability will not be penalized as a result of making such request. Diversity is a part of our culture. We’d love for you to be a part of it too!