Position: Vice President of Strategic Partnerships (Business Development)
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Charleston, SC
Position is field-based; HQ: Novi, MI
Mission Veterinary Partners (the “Company”) is seeking a Vice President of Strategic Partnerships to join its acquisition growth team. The Company operates over fifty veterinary hospitals and is a portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners. The Company is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives.
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of Business Development, the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships will be an integral part of the new clinic acquisition and inorganic growth of the Company. The Vice President of Strategic Partnerships will support the identification, analysis, relationship building, and key terms negotiation of add-on acquisition opportunities. The successful candidate will be charged with building relationships with veterinarians looking to sell or transition their practice, positively displaying the key differentiating factors MVP has over the competition, and taking an active role in the analysis and negotiation of the partnership. The Vice President of Strategic Partnerships will work closely with the Executive VP of Business Development, the CEO, and the executive leadership, to engage and attract new partnerships to the MVP team.
- Work closely with the business development team to identify, source, monitor, and manage potential veterinary add-on opportunities in identified strategic geographies
- Convey MVP mission, vision, and value to prospective partners, and convert them to actionable partnership opportunities
- Manage a robust pipeline of prospects from initial introduction through letter of intent negotiation and signing non-binding offer to join MVP
- Assist in the preparation of term sheets describing the Company’s proposed financial and structural terms for acquiring potential add-on targets
- Work with the Executive Vice President of Business Development to assist in the development of general business development process improvement and presentation materials
- Provide leadership toward additional value-added activities and support operational and departmental excellence
- Support the executive team in the integration of successful acquisitions and collaborate in the implementation of standard Company reporting systems
- Maintain honest and ethical conduct at all times
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with five or more years of experience in a sales role to join an entrepreneurial environment and assist in the establishment of a robust inorganic growth engine for an exciting business in veterinary medicine.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales experience
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university
- Salesforce (or another CRM platform) experience a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Ability to lead a sale process from initial sourcing of the opportunity to formal partnership with MVP
- Experience and excitement to engage in financial and deal negotiation topics
- Relevant veterinary medicine industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating financial and legal terms
- Strong written and oral presentation skills; ability to present concisely and with detail
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to manage and prioritize multiple business objectives and projects with the proper sense of urgency
- Strong desire to learn and serve as a valuable team member
- Ability to work in autonomous, fast moving environment
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, and will include an attractive base salary, add-on acquisition bonuses, and a Strong benefits package: Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision), Voluntary Life and Short-Term Disability, 401K (with up to 4% match), Paid Time Off and Pet Discount!