IT Intern - Southfield, MI
Southfield, MI Posted: 3/5/2020
Position: IT Intern
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Southfield, MI
Reports to: IT Service Desk Manager
We are a veterinarian-founded network of 60+ animal hospitals throughout the Midwest. While it’s important to know what we are, it’s probably more important to know what drives us – our mission: to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. We take the very best care of our veterinary teams so they can take care of their clients and patients.
What You’ll Do:
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager, the IT Intern is responsible for supporting the first level technology needs of our IT Service Desk. You will be part of an exciting and positive team where you will learn how IT initiatives help support the business and our mission: To be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine.
Essential Functions: (included but not limited to)
- Create, update, escalate and resolve level 1 IT Service Desk Support Tickets
- Basic troubleshooting, repair, maintain, install, and perform testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, data communication, and computer network systems.
- Assemble, install, configure and test computer equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance for computers
- Prepare and submit vendor warranty claims, parts, and documentation associated with warranty repairs.
- Work with and escalate to MVP IT Team Members
- Displays flexibility and willingness in performing all other duties as assigned.
- Self-starter, creative and a problem solver
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Passion for excellence
- Value, participate and embrace a team environment and culture
- Knowledge of desktop computer hardware and peripherals
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair popular desktop computer software
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems, specifically Win7, Win10
- Introductory knowledge of networking and connectivity
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to work 30-40 hours per week
What You’ll Get:
- Opportunities to participate in personal and professional development programs.
- Signature projects with intention to best match your areas of interest.
- Great work environment with assigned mentor and supervisor.
- Hourly wage of $10/hour worked
- Free MVP Logo’d gear to wear and represent!
Apply Today for Consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here