Job Title: HR Director of Operations
Reports to: Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Southfield, MI
Mission Veterinary Partners (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking a Human Resources Director of Operations “HR Director of Operations” to join its team. The Company currently operates more than 60 veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and is a portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the Midwest.
Reporting to the CHRO, the HR Director of Operations is responsible for developing and executing human resource operations in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of; payroll, benefits, contracts, compliance, administration and employee relations. The HR Director of Operations provides strategic, hands on leadership by to build a best in class HR function focused on the Employee Experience.
What you will be doing:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned HR Operations leader with a track record of success and thirst for learning, a passion for scaling, and curiosity to learn new technologies. This will require you to think big, use data to drive HR operations delivery and stay ahead of the curve, as you lead all aspects of HR operations.
- Function as a business advisor to senior management of each business unit or regional group regarding HR Operations organizational and management issues
- Develop comprehensive operating plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals
- Serve as a thought leader to the executive team members to lead continuous and sustainable transformation of HR operations and scale to meet the growth needs of the business
- Work with the executive management to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the firm
- Influence and support operational, strategic and visionary decisions of employee programs affecting the Company
- Develop and implement risk management best practices and internal controls structure for HR operations
- Develop HR operations strategies and processes to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives
HR Operational Excellence & Compliance
- Build high performance organizational capability through partnership with Company leadership on talent management processes
- Build and manage formal employment agreement contracts function
- Oversee the development and monitoring of annual budgets for HR operations with a focus on improving efficiency and reducing costs in those areas
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the Company’s mission and values
- Enhance communication flow between corporate support teams and hospital locations
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of the HR staff; conduct annual and interim performance reviews; conduct staff meetings; and ensure that managers are kept informed of all organizational goals and objectives, activities, financial status, executive initiatives, etc.; promotes staff development
- Develop, enhance and automate HR operations processes and procedures. Manage implementation and administration of HRIS to include data entry of all employee-related information (personal information, hiring, salary, benefits, leave, etc.)
- Oversee level one HR support function
Compensation, Contracts & Employee Benefits
- Proactively manage risk. Monitor and maintain policy compliance with all federal and state regulations and advise management regarding application of policies in order to mitigate liability and reduce the risk of claims related to non-compliance with laws, policies and regulations
- Responsible for oversight of the Company’s safety program including the management of workers’ compensation claims, cost monitoring and reporting
- Responsible for the selection, development and administration of competitive and cost-effective employee welfare programs and benefits; reviewing all benefit programs annually and implementing contract renewals, open enrollments, premium adjustments, etc.
- Oversee management and compliance with EEO policies and procedures to include federal reporting and EEO claims
- Develop and implement compensation policies and structure; price jobs to market and adjust job classification and pay schedules accordingly; oversee development, administration and adherence to a Classification and Compensation Plan
- Manage and develop team member reward and recognition programs, driving a pay-for-performance culture aligned with business objectives
- Foster a culture of leader ownership and accountability for all employees
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- 8+ years of progressive HR Operations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field required. MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field highly desired
- Professional HR accreditation: SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred but not required
- Experience strongly preferred in business services, retail healthcare or similar multi-site / multi-state industry
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
- An agile energetic open-minded approach to a people driven business
- Strategic, critical thinker who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds; a real passion for problem-solving and bringing people insights to the business
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, and will include an attractive base salary and performance-based bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates apply today!