Position: Systems Engineer
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners, LLC
Location: Novi, MI/Southfield, MI
Mission Veterinary Partners, LLC (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking a Systems Engineer to join its team. The Company currently operates fifty-two veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and is a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity firm Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the Midwest.
Reporting to the Network & Technology Integrations Manager, the Systems Engineer is responsible for our network design, implementation, support and enforcing system standards onsite and remotely; creating and maintaining accurate technical documentation for LAN, Wi-Fi, Internet, Firewalls, Servers, Software and VoIP / phone solutions. In addition, there are several, exciting approved projects the Systems Engineer will lead / deliver including:
- Internet upgrades, including secondary internet connection (company-wide)
- Cloud Migration (Local Practice Management Software)
- Firewall, Switch, Wi-Fi Replacement (company-wide)
- VoIP Phone system migration (Company Wide)
- Server and Hardware Upgrades (company-wide)
- 3rd Party IT (Vendor Management)
Key Responsibilities and Goals:
The following is not intended to be an exhaustive list of job functions, and this listing does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the Systems Engineer. The Systems Engineer is required to follow other instructions and perform other duties as assigned by IT management.
- Troubleshoot and provide support for Firewall, LAN, Wi-Fi, Internet, Windows Servers, VoIP / phone solutions, and escalated tickets
- Assist with implementing new technology and software onsite and remotely
- Responsible for monitoring, optimizing network performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; perform network optimization.
- Participation in after-hours maintenance windows to update, change, and install various systems as needed.
- Involvement in project work including project management, selection, recommendation, design, testing, and implementation of various solutions
- Cisco Switch and Routing Configuration
- Wi-Fi Networking Configuration and Security (preferred – Meraki)
- Experience with network troubleshooting tools
- Firewall Configuration and Management (preferred – Meraki)
- Participate in infrastructure capacity planning and yearly budgeting
- Assemble, install, and configure Infrastructure equipment
- Create, update and contribute to technical and self-help documents that are maintained in the IT Knowledgebase
- Project management of assigned projects / initiatives
- Provide mentoring and support to Service Desk and Desktop Support Team Members
- Assist with training of internal customers on MVP approved technologies.
- Work with and escalate to MVP IT Team Members
- Participate in a rotational On-Call support schedule.
- This position will require some local, national (currently Midwest) travel / on-site support
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related major is preferred
- 3+ years of network/server infrastructure experience, including Firewall, Route / Switch, Wi-Fi, LAN/WAN, Cloud Technologies, DNS, DHCP
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair popular desktop computer software
- Cloud Experience – Microsoft Azure, O365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, Skype)
- Proficient with Microsoft Operating Systems, specifically Win7, Win10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent presentation skills with proven ability to communicate complex technical information in a way that is easily understood by others
- Self-starter, creative and a problem solver
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Passion for excellence
- Value, participate and embrace a team environment and culture
- Displays flexibility and willingness in performing all other duties as assigned.
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will include an attractive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
Apply today for immediate consideration!