Position: Assistant Controller
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Novi MI / Southfield MI
Mission Veterinary Partners (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking an Assistant Controller to join its team. The Company currently operates over fifty veterinary hospitals in the United States and is a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity firm Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the United States.
Reporting directly to the Controller, the Assistant Controller will be an integral part of the accounting team at the Company and will be responsible for the oversight of all accounting related activities in accordance with GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. A successful candidate will be charged with actively managing the month end close process and maintaining organization while the company experiences significant growth. Candidates for this position will be self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and professionalism. The Assistant Controller will work closely with operations, integration and business development stakeholders in the process of onboarding acquisitions, allowing MVP to capitalize on the growth of the business throughout the United States.
Key Responsibilities and Goals:
- Strong command of GAAP reporting with the ability to manage a general ledger and take ownership over all journal entries, account reconciliations, accounts payable and receivable, payroll and other accounting related activities.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, receivables, payables and capital expenditures
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all transactions
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive library of all accounting policies and procedures
- Interface with outside auditors and serve as an internal leader of annual audit activity
- Regularly interacts with other key members of the management and integration teams
- Provide leadership toward additional value-added activities and support operational and departmental excellence
- Constantly evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiency
- Maintain honest and ethical conduct at all times
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with four or more years of experience in an accounting leadership role to join an entrepreneurial environment and assist in maintaining the accounting function of a high-growth company.
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Minimum of 4+ years of work experience in an accounting leadership role
- Strong command of GAAP reporting and the ability to maintain clean records
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to manage and prioritize multiple business objectives and projects with the proper sense of urgency and limited supervision
- Must be highly flexible in handling a wide range of duties and projects simultaneously as needs arise and effectively prioritize issues and timelines
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with an outgoing personality
- Experience in effectively communicating with and coaching team members
- Highly motivated “self-starter” with the ability to work under strict project timelines
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong desire to learn and serve as a valuable team member
- Ability to work in autonomous, fast moving environment
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will include a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants requesting accommodation due to a disability will not be penalized as a result of making such request. Diversity is a part of our culture. We’d love for you to be a part of it too!