Position: Director, Clinic Acquisitions & Mergers
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Novi MI / Relocating to Southfield MI (remote flexible)
Mission Veterinary Partners (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking a Director of Clinic Acquisitions and Mergers to join its team. The Company currently operates a network of veterinary hospitals across the United States and is a portfolio company of Chicago-based private equity firm Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the United States.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Medical Operations, the Director of Clinic Acquisitions and Mergers will be an integral part of the new clinic acquisition growth of the Company. The Director of Clinic Acquisitions and Mergers will support the acquisition process, from letter of intent through closing and play a vital role in hospital support transitioning to MVP medical operations. The Director of Clinic Acquisitions and Mergers will work closely with the veterinary hospital owners/sellers, the associate veterinarians, the hospital staff and MVP management to ensure a timely and smooth process to finalizing the partnership and create a positive overall experience for the hospital. A successful candidate will be charged with involving all key parties to the acquisition, integration and operational transfer, actively managing each aspect of the closing process, and maintaining organization across multiple acquisitions at a time. Candidates for this position will be self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and professionalism. The Director of Clinic Acquisitions and Mergers will work closely with integration, finance and business development to ensure a timely and effective completion to the acquisition and integration, allowing MVP to capitalize on the growth of the business throughout the Midwest. In addition, the Director of Clinic Acquisitions and Mergers will be responsible for ensuring a successful transition for hospitals into the Medical Operations side of the company. This position will require 80% travel.
Key Responsibilities and Goals:
- Work closely with the integrations team to ensure a smooth and efficient transition for the clinic and medical team into MVP
- Support due diligence activities, including financial, HR, key contracts, legal documentation and contracts, and other key integration items required for a successful partnership
- Ensure proper flow of information concerning the acquisition to the selling veterinarians, associate veterinarians, and the MVP executive team in order to facilitate a smooth and efficient process
- Effectively communicate project expectations to all parties in a timely and clear fashion
- Develop, deliver, and present progress reports, memos, and presentations outlining status, plans, problems, and resolutions for MVP management team across multiple projects
- Establish trust with selling veterinarians, associate veterinarians and act as key contact through diligence process as MVP’s representative
- Work closely with the Vice President of Medical Operations and the Chief Veterinary Officer to develop a strategy for medical operational transfer to regional/area support. This role will act as regional/area support until such a transfer takes place.
- Regularly interacts with other key members of the management and integration teams
- Provide leadership toward additional value-added activities and support operational and departmental excellence
- Constantly evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiency
- Always maintain honest and ethical conduct
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with three or more years of experience in a project management or acquisition management role to join an entrepreneurial environment and assist in the robust inorganic growth engine with an exciting business in veterinary medicine.
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- Minimum of 3+ years of work experience in project management / project coordination, preferably acquisition management
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine; minimum of 5 years’ practical clinical experience in a multi doctor small animal medicine setting.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fiscal and operating management; demonstrated financial expertise.
- Special consideration will be given to veterinarians with previous ownership experience.
- Willingness to travel will be imperative to this position. 80%+ of multi state travel time may be required.
- The ideal candidate will make themselves available to answer questions as they arise and respond to requests in an immediate or expedited fashion when possible.
- Strong financial, business management, and negotiation skills
- Experience in understanding and interpreting contract and legal language
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to manage and prioritize multiple business objectives and projects with the proper sense of urgency and limited supervision
- Must be highly flexible in handling a wide range of duties and projects simultaneously and as needs arise and effectively prioritize issues and timelines
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, with an outgoing personality
- Experience in effectively communicating with multiple parties within a project (both internal and external)
- Highly motivated “self-starter” with the ability to work under strict project timelines
- Strong written and oral presentation skills; ability to present concisely and with detail
- Experience with, or demonstrate the ability to use, web-based tools, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and project management tools.
- Experience with virtual management platforms
- Strong desire to learn and serve as a valuable team member
- Ability to work in autonomous, fast moving environment
- Commitment to Mission Veterinary Partners core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, DVMs, and/or vendors in everyday performance and interactions.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, DVMs, and teammates to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills and ability to be “other-oriented”; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial openness and ability to explore new possibilities and to approach issues differently; a visionary; intellectually agile.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; able to identify meaningful goals and capture the imagination of others to achieve them; able to add value to discussions or projects that impact Mission Veterinary Partners position in the industry; able to bring out the best thinking and attitudes; able to recognize unique contributions of individuals and teamwork.
- Demonstrated business acumen; able to assess financial implications of decisions and actions; able to understand how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace and impact Mission Veterinary Partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of Mission Veterinary Partners, what makes the businesses successful, and able to balance that with patient and teammate satisfaction.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of internal and external Standards of Conduct as well as legal regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in building teams, managing and influencing people, processes and customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively produce a high quality of work and to initiate the completion of extensive multiple tasks not specifically directed in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving work environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of teammate management including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, retention, promoting, disciplinary actions, job performance evaluations, teammate professional development; strong familiarity with employment laws in assigned division.
- Demonstrated empathy and respect for teams and their hospitals.
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will include an attractive base salary and performance-based bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants requesting accommodation due to a disability will not be penalized as a result of making such request. Diversity is a part of our culture. We’d love for you to be a part of it too!