Roadside Veterinary Clinic has an opportunity for a Groomer in Highland, MI.
Roadside Veterinary Clinic
1500 S Milford Rd, Highland, MI 48357
Full Time Groomer - Some Saturdays preferred!
We are a state of the art veterinary practice that offers a wide range of services including grooming! Our clientele is growing, so we are welcoming another groomer to join the team! We groom both canine and feline clients.
We offer a great clinic culture with a focus on teamwork, communication and customer service. We have a grooming suite with kennels and amenities, and our receptionists handle scheduling and discharge. You will be eligible to receive benefits and PTO.
M, T, TH 8am-7pm, W 8am-6pm, F 8am-5pm, S 8:30am-2pm
Ideal grooming schedule: Tuesday-Saturday. However, willing to work with employee on schedule, some Saturdays will be required.
Job duties include but are not limited too:
- Admit pets to be groomed noting owner’s specific instructions, contact information and pick up time.
- Bathing, brushing, heavy lifting, shaving and scissor trimming.
- Ear cleaning, plucking, nail trimming, and expression of anal glands.
- Provide medicated (when instructed) and general cleansing, parasite control baths, pedicures, medicated dips (when instructed) and ear cleansing, as required for each pet.
- Perform all general maintenance of grooming room and yard; clean and disinfect cages, tubs, grooming tables, and yard at least once daily; vacuum floor; mop floor; empty trash; clean clipper blades, scissors and brushes after use; perform monthly dryer and clipper maintenance.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds, and over 50 pounds with a co-worker.
- Endure sitting, standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods.
- Ability to be confident around pets.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Minimal travel required, possibly for vendor visits and associate education.
*Previous Experience Required* Apply today for immediate consideration!