Job Title: Merger & Acquisition Analyst
Reports to: Merger & Acquisition Associate
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Novi, MI/ Southfield, MI
Mission Veterinary Partners (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking an entry-level M&A Analyst (“Analyst”) to join its team. The Company currently operates more than fifty veterinary hospitals in the Midwestern United States and is a portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network.
Reporting directly to the Merger and Acquisition Associate, the Analyst will be an integral part of the new clinic acquisition growth of the Company. The Analyst will support the financial analysis of new partnerships, including initial data analysis, follow up question coordination, pre-closing financial projects, and post-close analysis, ensuring a thorough and detailed review and understanding of the financial profile of a new partnership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Review, analyze, and present financial summaries of target veterinary hospital partnerships
- Assist with the due diligence and underwriting processes, including the construction of investment committee approval memorandums and financial models
- Assist in the support of Business Development Managers in the field to drive an effective and efficient pre-acquisition lifecycle
- Effectively generate and communicate financial analysis in efficient and timely manner
- Assist in the management of MVP’s pipeline of potential acquisitions
- Support MVP’s integration team to ensure smooth integrations of target veterinary hospitals
- Work closely with the key stakeholders to assist in financial projects and execute operational improvement initiatives
- Assist and participate in cross functional teams and projects to ensure sufficient levels of return
- Provide leadership toward additional value-added activities and support operational and departmental excellence
- Constantly evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiency
- Maintain honest and ethical conduct at all times
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university with a concentration in either Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Minimum of 1+ years of work experience in a financial analysis or business valuation position
- Ability to understand and analyze financial statements
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills; Salesforce experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an outgoing and highly motivated personality
- Ability to work in autonomous, fast moving environment
- Ability to analyze and problem solve strategically
- Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and will include an attractive base salary and performance-based bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K benefits.
NO AGENCIES OR 3RD PARTY INQUIRIES - PLEASE