Lake Huron Veterinary Clinic is seeking an experienced or Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Lake Huron Veterinary Clinic
1825 Pine Grove Ave, Port Huron, MI 48060
Lake Huron Veterinary Clinic in Port Huron, MI is a full-service companion animal hospital offering urgent veterinary care. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of disease as pets age; and complete medical, emergency, and surgical care as necessary during his or her lifetime.
We have a growing veterinary team who offers a comprehensive range of services from wellness to emergency in a small, hometown clinic atmosphere with a great team culture.
We are looking for a candidate who is available from 9 am to 7 pm on week days and every other Saturday. We are offering competitive compensation with medical, dental, and vision benefits, retirement plan options, and generous CE and uniform allowances. This is a full-time position, averaging 32-40 hours weekly. Candidates with LVT licensure are eligible for a $750 signing bonus!
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials. (Hourly)
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing (in eligible clinics)
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Ideal qualifications/candidate attributes:
- 1+ years of technician experience required.
- Veterinary Technician Licensure (LVT) specific preferred!
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.