Center for Animal Health is searching for a full-time Veterinary Technician with 1+ years of technician experience to join our growing team!
Are you outgoing and personable? Looking to work in a practice focused on taking care of its people and providing quality medicine? Look no further and consider our clinic!
Address: 827 N 68th St. Wauwatosa, WI 53213
Center for Animal Health is a well-established, full-service, small animal, veterinary hospital providing comprehensive medical, preventative, surgical, and dental care to the Wauwatosa, West Allis, and Milwaukee areas. We provide a broad spectrum of diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories. We also work closely with local board specialists when special diagnostic procedures are required. Our facility includes laser therapy, in-house surgery suite, in-house digital x-ray capabilities, and a closely supervised hospitalization area. Our work family is growing so come join a great team with an emphasis on positive work culture and quality medicine!
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials. (Hourly)
- $1,000 Signing Bonus! (for qualified)
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing.
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Mentorship available along with professional growth opportunities!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Ideal qualifications / candidate attributes:
- 1+ years of technician experience required.
- Be knowledgeable on animal restraint
- Have minimum of 3-6 months monitoring anesthesia
- Have a minimum of 3-6 months as an exam room tech
- Be able to draw blood from both Jugular and Cephalic
- Be able to multi-task and pay attention to detail
- Have a minimum of 3 months actively using Avimark
- Full time availability ideal!
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!