Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is on an exciting mission to be the employer of choice in the Veterinary Services space! We currently operate 70+ veterinary hospitals in the United States. We’re pursing a strategy to grow and expand the size of our network in the United States. We invest in our talented teams and create positive workplace environments. Our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance in the employee handbook. We live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
Our new Benefits and Rewards Manager will be an important strategic partner on our path to success. This position reports to the Director of HR Operations and will work closely with the VP of Wellness to identify, recommend, plan and implement new or modified benefits programs and employee rewards that are aligned with supporting the Firm’s strategy and culture. You will also manage new initiatives along with administering and evaluating the impact programs are having on team members and our business. We are looking for a hands-on, results-oriented, leader with excellent attention to detail. The optimal candidate possesses a passion for helping others, is a high-energy team player and adaptive in a dynamic and changing environment.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop and implement benefit and rewards operational processes and reporting, to optimize support and management of on-going Employee Benefits and Rewards solutions
- Manage projects to add functionality and new features in support of Benefits and Rewards delivery
- Evaluate, implement and measure the impact of benefit programs
- Serve as an internal consultant and expert for benefits best practices and market competitiveness
- Analyze benchmark surveys, market, ROI, economic and plan claims data to identify trends and improvement opportunities
- Support the on-boarding of new Hospitals, analyze aggregate rewards program comparison, provide customized consults and support with Hospital leadership
- Recommend new or modifications to benefit offerings, vendors or plan design to maintain or improve competitive position and/or legal compliance
- Develop communications / training programs materials to support rollouts
- Ensure policies and procedures follow ACA, ADA, FMLA, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations that impact benefits
- Respond to complex benefits questions and work with vendors to resolve confidential employee claims issues
- Manage annual Open Enrollment including benefits system set up, communication strategy and execution of benefit elections with downstream vendors
- Assist with other activities as needed based on volume (invoice validation and processing, presenting at New Hire Orientation, process enrollments for group health plans, maintain employee benefit files, as needed)
What you'll bring to MVP:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Human Resources, Business, Finance or related field of study preferred; Master’s degree in HR or MBA and certification in HR or Benefits preferred
- 5-7 years HR Generalist experience, with a minimum of 2 years working primarily with Benefits/Rewards
- Knowledge of HR practices, employment law and compliance
- Exemplary customer service and results-focus
- Adaptive and effective communication skills; oral and written
- Empathetic and patient with employees at all levels, mindful to sensitive and personal situations, operates with discretion and maintains confidentiality
- Excellent analytical skills; data analysis, auditing, also proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Structured problem solver, strong organizational skills with attention to detail; must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- High performing team builder, eager to work in a team-focused, collaborative environment
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, thrives in a complex and changing working environment
What's in it for you?
MVP offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K... not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants requesting accommodation due to a disability will not be penalized as a result of making such request. Diversity is a part of our culture. We’d love for you to be a part of it too!