Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer to be an important member of our growing Information Technology team. This position will be located in Milwaukee, WI and will require the ability to travel roughly 50% of the time (by way of a variety of transportation modes).
Reporting to the Network & Technology Integrations Manager, you will be responsible for our network design, implementation, support and enforcing system standards onsite and remotely; creating and maintaining accurate technical documentation for LAN, Wi-Fi, Internet, Firewalls, Servers, Software and VoIP / phone solutions. In addition, there are several, exciting approved projects you will lead / deliver including:
- Internet upgrades, including secondary internet connection (company-wide)
- Firewall, Switch, Wi-Fi Replacement (company-wide)
- VoIP Phone system migration (Company Wide)
- Server and Hardware Upgrades (company-wide)
- 3rd Party IT (Vendor Management)
How you’ll make an impact:
- Troubleshoot and provide support for Firewall, LAN, Wi-Fi, Internet, Windows Servers, VoIP / phone solutions, and escalated tickets.
- Assist with implementing new technology and software onsite and remotely.
- Monitoring, optimizing network performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; perform network optimization.
- Participation in after-hours maintenance windows to update, change, and install various systems as needed.
- Involvement in project work including project management, selection, recommendation, design, testing, and implementation of various solutions.
- Cisco Switch and Routing Configuration.
- Wi-Fi Networking Configuration and Security (preferred – Meraki).
- Firewall Configuration and Management (preferred – Meraki).
- Participate in infrastructure capacity planning and yearly budgeting.
- Assemble, install, and configure Infrastructure equipment.
- Create, update and contribute to technical and self-help documents that are maintained in the IT Knowledgebase.
- Provide mentoring and support to Service Desk and Desktop Support Team Members.
- Assist with training of internal customers on MVP approved technologies.
Talents you’ll bring to MVP:
- 3+ years of network/server infrastructure experience, including Firewall, Route / Switch, Wi-Fi, LAN/WAN, Cloud Technologies, DNS, DHCP
- Meraki experience is a strong plus!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related major (preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair popular desktop computer software
- Cloud Experience – Microsoft Azure, O365 (Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, Skype).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Operating Systems, specifically Win7, Win10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2, Server 2016.
- Strong networking troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Excellent presentation skills with proven ability to communicate complex technical information in a way that is easily understood by others.
- Initiative, creativity and strong problem-solving ability.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Passion for excellence.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Flexibility and willingness in performing other duties as assigned.
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We’re a rapidly growing veterinarian-founded network of animal hospitals - and while it’s important to know what we are, it’s more important to know what drives us. Our mission is to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine, but our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook. We live them every day!
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.