Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is growing and we have an immediate opportunity for a Director of Analytics who will be responsible for crafting and executing a compelling vision for the delivery of Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics platforms with solutions to support key stakeholders. In this high-profile role, you will help transform the business by continually utilizing data and analytics to improve operational and financial results. This is a new role leading an existing team of four with several additional roles to be defined.
As Director of Analytics, you will be leading the system of truth for the organization and be responsible for C-Suite reporting and recommendations. This team (led by the Director) will be driving an agenda of upskilling the entire organization on use of data to make informed business decisions.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Contribute to a critical organizational change that will position MVP as a leader in Applied Analytics.
- Establish and promote the vision and goals for MVP’s Business Intelligence (BI) function and execute the strategic plan.
- Develop the strategic roadmap for analytic capabilities (i.e. measurement systems for sales/marketing/patient/client performance, simulation/forecasting methods, scenario planning) to drive business and client outcomes.
- Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run tests and lead business intelligence efforts.
- Propose and evaluate new methods and introduce novel visualization and presentation approaches to communicate discoveries.
- Build and lead a best in class analytic team in mining and exploiting data to promote growth and achieve the business’s strategic objectives, as well as hands on contribution and project management.
- Assist with the direction and design of credible and robust KPI dashboards that help management understand and measure operational and financial performance.
- Ensure the BI team is supported to gather requirements, create technical designs, and document and implement solutions to satisfy business and development needs.
- Unlock all of the rich data across our clinics and company, pull it together, and draw valuable insights for the organization.
- Build analytical frameworks and predictive models that size business opportunities - to evaluate the economics, value, and opportunity costs of strategic initiatives intended to increase productivity.
- Use quantitative and qualitative techniques to assess a broad array of business issues and distill them into key items and proposed actions.
- Use strong story-telling ability, facilitating conversations with senior leadership across the organization and driving alignment on data-driven recommendations.
- Promote organizational understanding of BI capabilities and understanding the organization’s needs for BI support.
Talents you’ll bring to MVP:
- 8+ years of experience in BI or Analytics delivering credible, actionable data to executives and other stakeholders
- 3+ years of experience successfully managing, mentoring and developing Data & Analytics teams
- Problem solving skills - You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- Technical Chops – You usetools like PowerBI and have experience building and implementing various types of predictive models, segmentation strategies, optimization algorithm’s, and data mining analysis. You have a track record of leading/delivering business analytics solutions (i.e. customer analytics, data monetization, product optimization).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent industry experience required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Bias for action - You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills - You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organization. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage and influence people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Growth mindset - You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on trends.
- Passion and pride in your work - You love what you do and how you can add value; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We’re a rapidly growing, veterinarian-founded network of animal hospitals, and while it’s important to know what we are, it’s more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams, and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook. We live them every day!
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.