Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has an immediate opportunity for a Vice President of Strategic Partnerships to join its acquisition growth team. Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of Business Development, the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships will be an integral part of the new clinic acquisition and inorganic growth of the Company. You will support the identification, analysis, relationship building, and key terms negotiation of add-on acquisition opportunities. You will be charged with building relationships, positively displaying the key differentiating factors MVP has over the competition and taking an active role in the analysis and negotiation of the partnership. This role will work closely with the Executive VP of Business Development, the Director of M&A, the CEO, and executive leadership, to engage and attract new partnerships to the MVP team.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with five or more years of experience in a “hunter” sales role to join an entrepreneurial environment and assist in the establishment of a robust inorganic growth engine for an exciting business in veterinary medicine.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Work tirelessly to identify, source, monitor, and manage potential veterinary add-on opportunities in identified strategic geographies
- Convey MVP mission, vision, and value to prospective partners, and convert them to actionable partnership opportunities
- Manage a robust pipeline of prospects from initial introduction through letter of intent negotiation and signing a non-binding offer to join MVP
- Assist in the preparation of term sheets describing the Company’s proposed financial and structural terms for acquiring potential add-on targets
- Work with the Executive Vice President of Business Development to assist in the development of general business development process improvement and presentation materials
- Provide leadership toward additional value-added activities and support operational and departmental excellence
- Support the executive team in the integration of successful acquisitions and collaborate in the implementation of standard Company reporting systems
- Always maintain honest and ethical conduct at all times
Talents you’ll bring to MVP:
- Minimum of 5+ years of sales/business development experience with veterinary experience strongly preferred!
- Highly strategic, complex, and long sale cycle experience strongly preferred
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university
- Ability to thrive in building a pipeline of top tier veterinary business leaders.
- Experience and excitement to engage in financial and deal negotiation topics
- Veterinary medicine industry experience, contracts, and relationships strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating financial and legal terms
- Strong written and oral presentation skills; ability to present concisely and with detail
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to manage and prioritize multiple business objectives and projects with the proper sense of urgency
- Strong desire to learn and serve as a valuable team member
- Proven achiever, not afraid of ambitious goal setting and high expectations
- Ability to work in autonomous, fast moving environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Salesforce (or another CRM platform) experience a plus
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We’re a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States - and while it’s important to know what we are, it’s more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.