Medical Director Veterinarian – Freeland, MI
Countryside Animal Health Center is seeking a Full-Time Medical Director Veterinarian to join our 3-doctor team!
Countryside Animal Health Center in Freeland, MI is a full-service companion animal hospital. We have a tenured team and experienced DVMs in a large and modern (7 exam rooms and 2 surgical suites) facility. Our commitment is to provide quality, veterinary care throughout our patients’ lives. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets; early detection and treatment of disease as pets age; and complete medical, emergency, and surgical care as necessary during their lifetime. Our clinic is known regionally for our exceptional reputation in reproductive health, and integrative, fear reducing techniques. We have an in-house lab, TCI scope and more! We offer interesting, diverse and challenging cases, with manageable caseloads and a fair Work-Life balance.
Reasons to Join:
- Centrally located clinic to serve several surrounding communities
- Updated clinic with new equipment including dental, digital imaging, ultrasound, laptops and phone systems.
- Large and amazing support staff
- Family-like culture
Purpose of the Job:
The Medical Director (MD) of Countryside Animal Health Center provides strategic direction, coaching, and mentoring to the associate veterinarians to ensure safe, consistent, efficient, therapeutic and ethical patient care and outstanding client service. The MD will collaborate with the Practice Manager to develop a hospital annual operating plan. The MD will own responsibility for ensuring Clinic Revenue Targets are achieved and minimum Standards of Care are developed and complied with. The MD understands they will wear many hats and will be passionate about clinical excellence, leadership, recruiting, retention and advocating for the growth of Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP).
Location: 3334 E. Freeland Road, Freeland, MI 48623
Freeland, MI is located near the tri-city area of Saginaw, Bay City and Midland which sits on Saginaw Bay, that forms Michigan’s “thumb.” It is a gateway to the wonderful recreational areas of northern Michigan. Freeland has a small town feel with proximity to more metropolitan areas and a very reasonable cost of living. You can explore “Old Town” for dinning and shopping as well as the many community events and parks.
- Licensed Michigan Veterinarian (Active & Clear).
- Excellent, demonstrated medical and surgical skills are essential
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, DVMs, and teammates to build a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ DVM experience
- 1+ years Leadership experience desired but not required
- Experience with canine reproduction, neonatal care and dentistry are a plus!
- Competitive Base Salary + Production Bonus + Medical Director Bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(K) with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Continuing Education + dedicated PTO to attend
If you're looking for an excellent team environment that treats everyone like family, then look no further! APPLY Today for Immediate Consideration!