Den Herder Veterinary Hospital has an opportunity for a Full-Time Groomer in Waterloo, Iowa!
Den Herder Veterinary Hospital
4041 Hurst Dr, Waterloo, IA 50701
We are a state-of-the-art veterinary practice that offers a wide range of services including grooming! As our clientele grows, we are welcoming another groomer to join the team!
While prior grooming experience is not required, it is highly preferred. We are ideally looking for a candidate who has experience working in animal care.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 11:30 am
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Admit pets to be groomed noting owner’s specific instructions, contact information and pick up time.
- Bathing, brushing, heavy lifting, shaving and scissor trimming.
- Ear cleaning, plucking, nail trimming, and expression of anal glands.
- Provide medicated (when instructed) and general cleansing, parasite control baths, pedicures, medicated dips (when instructed) and ear cleansing, as required for each pet.
- Perform all general maintenance of grooming room and yard; clean and disinfect cages, tubs, grooming tables, and yard at least once daily; vacuum floor; mop floor; empty trash; clean clipper blades, scissors and brushes after use; perform monthly dryer and clipper maintenance.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds, and over 50 pounds with a co-worker.
- Endure sitting, standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods.
- Ability to be confident around pets.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Minimal travel required, possibly for vendor visits and associate education.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.