Animal Hospital of Colorado Springs is seeking a full time Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Schedule: 10 hour shifts with alternating weekends
What makes our hospital special?
We are 3-doctor AAHA accredited hospital and proud to mention we have a Board-Certified Specialist on staff with great mentorship. The opportunity to work alongside a collaborative team of doctors who are committed to customer satisfaction as well as providing state-of-the-art care our pets! We have 8 beautiful exam rooms with a surgical suite and dental equipped with all the bells and whistles. We have a professional and courteous staff who seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care for our highly-valued patients with state of the art care for our pets!
About the area:
Colorado Springs, Colorado and the surrounding region have an overwhelming number of things to do and see! From the Peak Region, whitewater rafting, park & trails, Manitou Incline, horseback riding, biking, rock climbing, fishing, camping, and 2 ½ hours to great skiing! Downtown is a buzzing hub of cute boutiques, gorgeous parks and great eateries.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
- 1+ years of technician experience required.
- Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT) preferred.
- Surgical and dental experience preferred.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials. (Hourly)
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.