Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has an immediate opportunity for an Employment Contracts Manager to be a valuable member of our growing People team!
In this new critical role, the Employment Contracts Manager will partner closely with the company’s Director of HR Operations, Medical and Operational Leadership to ensure effective management of all employment contracts. This includes oversight of the contract lifecycle, including but not limited to draft modification, execution, amendments and renewal; as well as developing standards for submission, negotiations and document management. This role requires close collaboration with various departments, including Integration, Operations and Finance.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Conduct employee agreement development and management activities in a fair and appropriate way; balancing customer service, business needs, employee considerations and regulations.
- Partner with Medical and Operations teams. Conduct contract strategy meetings to identify client requirements, facilitate compensation discussions and obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables.
- Support contract discussions and negotiations.
- Develop standards for contract formats, including presentation of comparisons, terms, general language and provisions. Manage customized language preparation and approvals.
- Perform appropriate clinical, administrative and operational research to support contract development.
- Analyze requirements and provisions in contracts, including terms and conditions, to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and company policies and procedures. Manage to organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
- Ensure that contracts and proposals are properly and securely maintained.
Talents you’ll bring to MVP:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Human Resources, Business, or related field of study; Law degree preferred but not required.
- Previous 5-7 years’ experience in contract preparation and management.
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions.
- Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence. Listens to and builds customer relationships; increases customer satisfaction and ensures commitments are met.
- Defines issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generates innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems. Promotes collaboration and assists others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen. Knowledgeable about business drivers, demonstrates savvy, good judgement with the ability to successfully balance competing business and employee needs.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail. Communicates well both verbally and in writing; listens to and understands various viewpoints; shares relevant information timely; provides constructive feedback; maintains professionalism. Demonstrates the ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of expertise as well as company business and proficiency in strategic and financial processes. Mastery and expert level skills developing employment agreements, structuring and developing terms.
- Adept at anticipating and adapting communications to a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations,
- Quick learner and self-starter.
- Ability to work independently, execute tasks efficiently, and be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple projects, set priorities, and execute on tight deadlines.
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We’re a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States. And while it’s important to know what we are, it’s more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.