Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has an immediate opportunity for a Capital Equipment Specialist to be a valuable member of our growing team! Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, Program Management, the Capital Equipment Specialist will be an integral part of the operational and hospital development strategy of the company. You’ll be responsible for partnering with hospitals in making CapEx decisions, asset management, ROI maximization, equipment maintenance protocols and education as it relates to appropriate and optimized usage of capital equipment. You’ll work collaboratively with MVP’s hospital and home office teams, largely operations, medical, learning and development and facilities to ensure education, utilization and superior experience when implementing, maintaining and maximizing usage of capital equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in veterinary capital equipment, be passionate about collaboration and customer service as well as demonstrates the ability to identify and resolve problems in a quick and efficient manner.
How you’ll make an impact:
Capital Equipment Investments
- Establish preferred equipment suppliers, architect and maintain preferred equipment catalog with design team
- Establish and maintain previously owned equipment catalog, identify qualifying items and managing transfers
- Foster and build relationships with capital equipment providers, including service and repair, to encompass education, ongoing value and superior support
- Partner with facilities team on new build and remodel projects as it relates to CapEx needs, budget, logistics and implementation
- Support hospitals through decision making, ROI consideration and best practices for implementation
- Manage CapEx orders, pricing audits and rebates
- Stay highly informed as to new equipment offerings and developments in the marketplace, bringing opportunity to organization for review
Ongoing Asset Management & Maximization
- Partner closely with learning and development leaders to develop education and training around use, maintenance and maximization of capital equipment
- Manage ongoing cost of ownership including warranties and maintenance programs, determine necessity and leverage for group savings
- Refine equipment asset capture process and documentation. Determine appropriate asset management inventory platform and establish processes to manage equipment lifecycle to drive synchronization.
- Produce maintenance guides and establish plan for ongoing hospital level maintenance
- Develop business growth plans for revenue driving equipment investments
- Own and refine CapEx equipment processes, platforms and tools
Talents you’ll bring to MVP:
- 5+ years relevant experience in veterinary capital equipment a must!
- Proven experience in asset life-cycle management.
- Experience collaborating with veterinary design, build and facilities partners to maximize capital asset investments.
- Vendor management experience demonstrating a track record of value creation for the organization and partner.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects with organization and ease.
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We’re a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States. And while it’s important to know what we are, it’s more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.