Burnsville, MN Posted: 1/12/2021
Burnsville Parkway Animal Hospital is looking to add a Full-Time Veterinary Assistant to our growing practice!
At Burnsville Parkway Animal Hospital caring for pets is not a job to us. It’s a part of who we are, and it’s something we’d love to share with you. Our hospital offers a family like atmosphere; we work hard but also enjoy having fun!
Schedule: 8:00am-6:00pm and every other Saturday from 8am-12pm with a day off during the week
Summary: A veterinary assistant must be able to provide assistance and support to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act. While under the supervision of the veterinary technicians and practice manager. A veterinary assistant must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide patient care under the direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Reception Skills: Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and check-ins.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform clinic upkeep as directed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds, and over 50 pounds with a co-worker.
- Endure sitting, standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods.
- Ability to be confident around pets.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while in a hospital environment.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Minimal travel required, possibly for vendor visits and associate education.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here