Whitehaven Veterinary Center is seeking an experienced or Registered Veterinary Technician to join our team!
5320 Belle Ave, Davenport, IA 52807
Whitehaven Veterinary Center is a busy, 5 doctor, veterinary hospital, looking for a motivated go-getter! Whitehaven Veterinary Center combines traditional medicine with holistic and chiropractic services. Our full service hospital offers digital radiographs, in-house blood testing, ultrasonography, full surgery capabilities, stem cell procedures and a brand new dental suite with digital dental radiographs. Come join a team that is passionate about patient care!
We are looking to bring on an additional veterinary technician as we have a new veterinarian joining our practice!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
- 1+ years of technician experience required.
- Veterinary Technician Registration (RVT) specific positions also available!
- Have minimum of 3-6 months experience monitoring anesthesia and performing exam room tech duties.
- Be able to draw blood from both Jugular and Cephalic. Be able to place an IV Catheter.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials. (Hourly)
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing (in eligible clinics)
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.