Animal Hospital of Colorado Springs is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced or certified Veterinary Technician to join our team of passionate veterinary professionals!
If you are looking for a veterinary hospital that has a positive culture, focuses on high quality medicine and customer service, then you have found it! Apply today for immediate consideration!
Address: 1015 Cheyenne Meadows Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Schedule: Full-time, 30+ hours/week, 10 hour shifts with alternating weekends
Compensation: Hourly pay and great benefit options: medical benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs, MVP Dream Fund: profit sharing.
Our mission here at Animal Hospital of Colorado Springs is to:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Provide the highest ethical and medical standards of practice
- Function as a courteous, knowledgeable, and positive team
- To continue to enhance the human animal bond
What makes our hospital special?
We are a 3-doctor AAHA accredited hospital and proud to mention we have a Board-Certified Specialist on staff. We have 8 beautiful exam rooms with a surgical suite and dental equipped with all the bells and whistles. We have a professional and courteous staff who seeks to provide the best possible medical care, surgical care and dental care for our highly valued patients with state-of-the-art care for our pets!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Educate and communicate with clients on the importance of wellness and preventative care, and other hospital services.
- Schedule appointments, take payments, and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion, and diversity at all levels.
- 1+ years of technician experience required.
- Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT) preferred.
- Surgical and dentistry experience preferred.
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards, and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.