Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has an immediate opportunity for a Director of Learning to become a valuable member of our growing People team. As Director of Learning, you will drive new company-wide learning programs across compliance, onboarding, manager and leadership development, core business competencies, student learning programs and more.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, you will work internally with teams across MVP to build and support learning content and experiences, explore new learning methods, and drive both live and digital learning solutions to serve our clinic and corporate team members. You’ll be continuously enhancing MVP's “Employer of Choice” initiatives through a seamlessly coordinated and integrated learning solution and communications approach. Ideal candidates will strive to stay on the forefront of innovative learning practices.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Collaborate with Learning Specialist, Business and Operations Leadership to build and support the Learning agenda and onboarding program for MVP
- Collaborate with MVP leadership to drive content and learning activities for Leadership Development Program
- Serve as a Learning ambassador to advocate for the value and continued growth of learning initiatives within the company
- Work to ensure that all learning programs are equitably available to a diverse team of employees and embed equity and belonging in each learning program
- Drive engagement and development at all levels of the organization, and foster an environment of continuous learning to encourage career growth and succession readiness
- Deliver best-in-class learning content and experiences with engaging curriculum and partner with MVP SME’s to understand the learning objectives, define success and assist in building out training to meet those needs
- Partner closely with Senior Leadership to monitor the pulse of organizational needs and learning opportunities across functions
- Develop participant and trainer materials using a variety of instructional design tools, including Adobe Captivate, image capturing applications, video/audio applications, SharePoint/Teams
- Research and implement best practices in instructional technology, tools, and approaches
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with production company for video components while maintaining consistency and quality standards
- Define appropriate scope and focus for Learning initiatives with key partners and stakeholders
- Define budget requirements to meet training objectives, tracks training costs for the company
- Drive process and continuous improvement across Learning; ensuring departmental cost effectiveness
Talents You’ll Bring to MVP:
- 7+ years of experience in learning and organizational development initiatives in a high-growth environment with experience in driving learning strategy across an organization
- BA/BS degree in curriculum and development, communications, teaching or related business field.
- Experience with LMS platform (Silk Road a plus) and appropriate use of visual and audio content design in Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint and other software used for developing engaging training experiences
- Expertise implementing a variety of learning programs and supporting course documentation
- Experience driving the strategy behind engaging and interactive learning curriculums by applying industry standard methodologies to the full life cycle of course development
- Adept at anticipating and adapting communications and delivery techniques to a wide range of audiences
- Presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups meeting them where they are at, delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience
- Listens to and builds customer relationships; increases customer satisfaction and ensures commitments are met Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence. Promotes collaboration and assists others with their initiatives and efforts
- Communicates very effectively both verbally and in writing across a wide range of audiences; listens to and understands various viewpoints; shares relevant information timely; provides constructive feedback; maintains professionalism
- Ability to work independently, executes tasks efficiently, flexible, and adaptive to changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple projects, set priorities, and execute on tight deadlines
- Proactively identifies potential challenges and opportunities. Defines issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generates innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems
- Up to 20% travel anticipated to Michigan and other locations as necessary
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We’re a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States. And while it’s important to know what we are, it’s more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.