Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has a new opportunity for a Finance Data Analyst to be a valuable addition to our growing team! Reporting to the Director of Analytics, the Finance Data Analyst will be responsible for improving finance processes with data driven solutions. This role will support a team that will develop data driven solutions by integrating and automating data from such sources as veterinary practice management, accounting, purchasing, and banking systems. As such, the successful candidate must have both strong quantitative and analytical skills, as well as strong business acumen and communications.
This individual must be proficient in IT terminology and advances in technology, but simultaneously know Finance business language and dynamics to address business challenges. They must be able to work efficiently with large data sets and automation tools to derive insights and provide process improvement solutions through a data driven approach. Finally, they must know how to communicate these insights to business partners through compelling data visualizations in a simple and concise manner.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Collaborate with business, IT, and analytics community to craft, prioritize and document Finance data analysis and process automation requirements.
- Design and develop solutions to drive process improvements and measurable results.
- Gain a full understanding of detailed Finance processes to support the design and development of effective solutions.
- Recommend analytics solutions and procedures to apply to meet stated business objectives.
- Train and guide business partners on data analysis solution approaches, reporting, and tools.
- Prepare documentation and analytical reports that effectively summarize results, assumptions, and conclusion.
- Work with cross-functional teams to integrate new business application data into existing processes, with focus on financial accuracy and process efficiency.
- Provide business analyst support for Finance-based IT system initiatives, including the transition to newer applications.
- Support diverse technical teams to ensure project deliverables fulfill business needs, are on-time, and meet business requirements.
- As a member of the Analytics team, contribute to the definition of an overarching big-data-driven approach to analytics and automation strategies.
- Utilize creative problem-solving abilities to deliver ad-hoc analysis as needed to support Finance activities.
Talents you’ll bring to MVP:
- 3+ years of experience translating Finance-focused business needs to data requirements, turning data into compelling stories, and completing the full cycle from data to measurable outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience and mastery of dynamic data concepts and methodologies to implement business intelligence solutions.
- Experience operating in a Finance environment, including familiarity with accounting concepts, financial consolidation and reporting.
- Ability to write efficient Structured Query Language (SQL) using various SQL-development software packages, comfortable using custom SQL for complex data pulls.
- A demonstrated natural curiosity for expanding your knowledge of data visualization and data manipulation, including building skills in additional programming languages and automation tools.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, along with various BI, ETL, and analytical tools, specifically Microsoft Power BI.
- Professional certifications are a plus (e.g., Microsoft Certified Business Intelligence, Data analytics tools certifications, CPA, etc.).
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We’re a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States. And while it’s important to know what we are, it’s more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.