Supply Chain Intern
Southfield, MI Posted: 3/26/2021
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has a new opportunity for a Supply Chain Intern! The Intern will spend 10-12 weeks during the summer as a key member within the Supply Chain team. During the internship, you will have the opportunity to learn about the end-to-end supply chain of MVP with touch points across finance, location procurement, vendor management and operations. This position will have the opportunity to pursue project-based assignments that will drive clear and meaningful impact to the overall business. At the conclusion of your internship, you will have the opportunity to present your project results to leadership.
How you’ll make an impact:
Vendor Integrations & Account Maintenance
- Work with Supply Chain Manager and team to analyze current state for a specific category of the business.
- Identify risks, challenges and opportunities within category, identifying potential solutions.
- Create appropriate process, supportive documentation and timeline for solution completion.
- Once solutions are identified and implemented, write SOP to ensure process is sustainable.
- Execute upon created SOP to achieve outcomes.
- Appropriately seek to understand and document vendor specific protocols learned throughout project.
- Monitor and manage project progress and risks, ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
- Collaborate with the operations and finance business functions to mitigate risks and drive efficiency across the organization.
Experience you’ll bring to MVP:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or related field (junior or senior year preferred).
- GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel.
- Excel skills should include proficiency with data collection and manipulation tools, such as Pivot Tables, including a working knowledge of common formulas such as VLOOKUP.
- Demonstrated project management, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Task oriented, self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Passion for customer experience.
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We’re a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States. And while it’s important to know what we are, it’s more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Already have an account? Log in here