We are searching for a full time experienced or Credentialed Veterinary Technician to join our growing team at Phoenixville Animal Hospital!
Address: 1121 W. Bridge St. Phoenixville, PA 19460
We are a 2-doctor small-animal practice, offering comprehensive and compassionate medical and surgical care to a loyal client base here in Chester County. A qualified candidate should be a team player, able to multitask, self-motivated and excellent client communication skills, monitor medical conditions, rapidly identify and address anything (medical or behavioral) which might warrant veterinary attention, and work in cooperation with staff to attend to any immediate needs.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials.
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
How you’ll make an impact:
- Assist the Veterinarians in all of their duties; perform and accurately record evaluation, examination, vaccination, and medical treatment of patients.
- Prepare animals for exams and surgery.
- Perform medical treatments.
- Perform or prepare laboratory tests.
- Administer medications.
- Perform routine dental prophylaxis (cleaning [ultrasonic/hand], polishing and charting).
- Obtain and properly handle/prepare in-house and laboratory specimens (cytology, blood draws, blood smear, fecal, etc.)
- Complete general microscope and centrifuge use.
- Monitor medical conditions, rapidly identify and address anything (medical or behavioral) which might warrant veterinary attention.
- Work in cooperation with staff to attend to any immediate needs.
- Admit and release animals in a responsive, courteous and tactful manner, and inform staff and clients of any pertinent medical information related to animals care.
- Assist in maintaining healthy, safe, sanitary, pleasant and clean facilities for the animals.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Ideal qualifications / candidate attributes:
- Must have a broad knowledge of animal science, medicine, and husbandry, including a basic knowledge of pharmacology and sufficient mathematical skills to ensure the administration of accurate drug and fluid doses.
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.