Family Vet Lake St. Louis is looking for additional Veterinary Technicians to support our growing practice!
Our clinic culture is a welcoming work environment providing compassionate comprehensive care. Qualified individuals will have opportunity to excel in a high tempo environment, provide exceptional customer service, manage multiple tasks at once, learning and growing with the assistance of the current technicians, exceptional doctors and a management team committed to your success. If you are looking for an opportunity to learn the veterinary field with a hardworking team devoted to the mission of excellent customer service and patient care, we are excited to discuss this opportunity with you!
If you want to be challenged to always be growing and learning by leadership that truly cares about their staff, then we looking forward to speaking with you!
Address: 155 Pond Fort Trail Lake St. Louis, MO 63667
Shift Details: Full-time position requiring 30+ hours/week. Evening availability and rotating Saturdays required. Shifts typically run 8-10 hours. No Sundays or major holidays.
Compensation: Hourly pay and benefits options to pick and choose from!
***Options include medical benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs, MVP Dream Fund: profit sharing.
Summary: A veterinary technician must be able to provide leadership and training to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act. While under the supervision of the technical supervisor, hospital manager, the hospital director, and the managing owners, a veterinary technician must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
We are currently running all appts via curbside with exception of euthanasia appts and we plan to do so for the foreseeable future. Team members have temps taken daily and wear masks all day (try to social distance as much as possible).
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Ideal qualifications / candidate attributes:
- Veterinary Technician Certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as an assistant preferred.
- Newly graduated Veterinary technician
Apply for immediate consideration!