Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has an opportunity for a Vice President of Information Technology to join our growing team. MVP currently operates over 140 veterinary hospitals in the United States and we’re pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of our network throughout the United States.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you'll be responsible for giving oversight and proactive direction to IT and business leaders on IT strategy, standards, opportunities for automation, application of new technologies, and economies of scale. You'll have a solid IT background and consistently keep up to date with advancements of the field. Apart from your education and experience, you'll have strong abilities in leadership, strategic planning and business management.
The VP of IT will manage a department of approximately 17 employees.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Team Leadership: Inspire, challenge, and develop a high-performance IT team.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and guidance.
- Realize business opportunities through technology.
- Promote teamwork, communication, creativity, and collaboration inside and outside the department.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders within the organization to successfully drive MVP’s strategic vision.
- Create a long-term, prioritized IT plan (3-5+ years).
- Ensure IT systems and procedures lead to outcomes in line with business goals.
- Design and customize IT systems and platforms to improve employee and customer experience.
- Manage the IT applications portfolio; develop roadmaps where existing applications are no longer suitable nor effective in enabling expected business outcomes.
- Oversee the IT infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance.
- Information risk management (IRM) development and oversight.
- Establish IT policies, strategies, and standards.
- Develop and approve technology and budgets.
- Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers.
- Direct and organize IT-related projects in the clinic and home office environment.
- Deliver sustainable high-quality day-to-day IT infrastructure performance among systems, applications, and networks, including help/service desk, communications networks (voice and data), and systems operations.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage.
- Conduct thorough information technology risk assessments and partner with third party partners to keep MVP’s customer, employees, and data secure.
- Lead the development of security practices, policies, and procedures for business and operational teams and conduct continuous reviews to ensure effectiveness across the organization.
- Implement a continuous vulnerability assessment and exposure analysis process and deliver timely remediation across applications and infrastructure.
Talents you’ll bring to MVP:
- 15+ years relevant experience in enterprise technology positions.
- 7+ years people leadership experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Business Administration.
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Experience managing enterprise programs and projects.
- Expertise in budget planning, financial management and workforce management.
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies and application to business needs.
- History of improving operational efficiency and service delivery across the IT organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, and developing executive level presentation materials.
- Strong business acumen and clear understanding of business processes.
- History of driving organizational change through partnering with others.
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We’re a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States. And while it’s important to know what we are, it’s more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.