Job Title: DVM “Veterinarian” Recruiter
Reports to: Employment Brand Manager
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: Southfield, MI (with Remote Work Flexibility)
Mission Veterinary Partners (“MVP” or the “Company”) is seeking a DVM Recruiter to join its team. The Company currently operates 100+ veterinary hospitals across the United States and is a portfolio company of Shore Capital Partners. MVP is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of add-on acquisitions and organic growth initiatives that will expand the size of its network throughout the country.
The DVM Recruiter will partner closely with the company’s Employment Brand Manager to understand business objectives, assess important hiring needs, and manage the full-cycle recruitment process for assigned positions types. The DVM Recruiter role is complex, fast paced, results oriented and focuses efforts on identifying the most effective and efficient recruitment strategies in a difficult to recruit for industry with the objective to attract the very best Veterinarian talent to our growing organization.
Are you an ambitious recruiting leader with a strong sourcing background looking for a meaningful role in the veterinary recruiting space? We are an entrepreneurial team that takes pride in our highly talented, collaborative, and supportive members where innovation and creativity is encouraged. If this sounds like you, we’d like to meet you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Work closely with the Vice President of Recruiting & Employment Brand Manager and Senior MVP Hospital Leadership to address Veterinarian needs across the Company.
- Customize appropriate job descriptions to attract optimal qualified interest.
- Conduct interviews (Virtual, Phone) to assess candidate hard and soft skills through a combination or behavioral interview and competency-based evaluations.
- Own the full recruitment cycle which includes; advertising, proactively and aggressively sourcing on a daily basis, prescreening, partnering with full MVP interviewing team, and drive the offer process.
- Maintain data integrity via the Company applicant tracking system (“SmartSearch”)
- Solicit feedback from hiring managers concerning "satisfaction level" and adjust performance/hiring strategy according to the feedback to ensure satisfaction and quality.
- Develop a robust veterinarian candidate pipeline through new and existing relationships with targeted veterinary schools, programs, associations, referrals etc.
- Lead DVM contract negotiation process for assigned regions while remaining knowledgeable about employment agreement terms, compensation, benefits packages and company competition.
- Ensure positive candidate experience throughout the hiring process.
- Serve as a proud brand advocate for Mission Veterinary Partners, representing the organization at various national recruiting events including school career fairs, networking events and industry conferences (up to 10% travel).
- Assists Sr. Leadership in signature projects and other assignment related to job function as needed.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university (in related area preferred)
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- Experience recruiting in human medical, dental industry, or other physician focused multisite industry, however experience in veterinary recruiting is preferred
- Experience in contract negotiations and process for six figure income position types.
- Creative with solutions-oriented focus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service, professional and friendly demeanor
- Possess initiative and manage multiple priorities well
- High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- We offer a competitive base salary along with an annual bonus incentive structure. There is opportunity for career growth.
- Strong benefits package: Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision), Voluntary Life and Short-Term Disability, 401K (with up to 4% match), Paid Time Off and Pet Discount!
Interested and qualified candidates should apply with resume
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants requesting accommodation due to a disability will not be penalized as a result of making such request. Diversity is a part of our culture. We’d love for you to be a part of it too!