Licensed Veterinary Technician
Richmond, VA Posted: 5/4/2021
Quioccasin Veterinary Hospital is seeking two Licensed Veterinary Technicians to join our team!
Address: 9218 Quioccasin Rd. Richmond, VA 23229
*$1,500.00 Signing Bonus for Licensed Technicians*
Clinic hours: 8:00 am -6:00 pm Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 12pm Saturday, Closed Sunday
Shift Details: Flexible weekday scheduling with Saturday rotation.
We are an AAHA accredited clinic that holds a vision for our veterinary practice to be a place where people are warmed by the passion we have for the relationship between animals and people. Our purpose is to be surrounded by the unconditional love of animals and nurture the relationship between a person and their pet. It is with great pleasure that Quioccasin Veterinary Hospital has been dedicated to Richmond's pets for over 25 years.
- We offer surgery, ultrasound, endoscopy, dental
- Great schedule, friendly clinic environment
- Infinity software
- Idexx lab (referred and in house)
- Digital routine and dental radiography
- Now offering acupuncture
- Offer therapeutic laser
How you’ll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials.
- Generous bonus available for qualified candidates!
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here