Dunckel Veterinary Hospital is growing again and is seeking a full time Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Shift Details: This is a Full Time schedule to work 4 days per week and alternating Saturdays.
Recently Enhanced compensation structure!
Our hospital is an AAHA Accredited multidoctor clinic that has been in the Davison area since 1991. In partnership with the Mission Veterinary Partners network, we have a large team of doctors and staff dedicated to servicing our client’s needs in a friendly family style environment! Our clients are friends as well as customers and we value their continued trust and goodwill. Our clients include just about every kind of small animal, pocket pet and reptile: dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, chinchillas, hamsters, gerbils, mice, rat, turtle, lizard, chameleons, and snakes (non venomous). We love community involvement and contribute to Davison Area Dog Park, Davison Relay for Life, Optimist Club of Davison, Area School Career Day Speaker, Humane Society and many more!
Address: 2048 S. State Road Davison, MI 48423
How you’ll make an impact:
- Join a growing team of licensed techs and staff and provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
- 2+ years of technician/VA experience required.
- Veterinary Technician Licensure (LVT) specific position!
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials.
- Generous bonus available for qualified candidates!
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!