Farmington, MI Posted: 4/16/2021
Village Animal Clinic is growing again and seeking a Veterinary Assistant to join our team!
Address: 34415 Grand River Ave, Farmington, MI 48335
Schedule/Shift Details: Full Time schedule working 3-4 days per week with rotating Saturdays (8am-1:30pm).
*Will also consider availability for partial shifts of 4-5 hrs a day for 4-5 days a week
At Village Animal Clinic, we understand the special role your dogs, cats and other household pets play in your family. Our vets are dedicated to becoming your partner in your pet’s health care. At our full-service companion animal hospital, our veterinarians treat your pet as we would our own. In fact, our own pets come to work with us and will happily greet you from behind the reception desk!
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive Compensation (Hourly)
- MVP Dream Fund: We Invest in Our Family!
- Medical Benefits Package and Vacation that includes: 401k contributions, scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible Schedule with a focus on Culture & Balance
Summary: A veterinary assistant must be able to provide assistance and support to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act. While under the supervision of the veterinary technicians and practice manager. A veterinary assistant must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide patient care under the direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Reception Skills: Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and check-ins.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform clinic upkeep as directed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds, and over 50 pounds with a co-worker.
- Endure sitting, standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods.
- Ability to be confident around pets.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while in a hospital environment.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Minimal travel required, possibly for vendor visits and associate education.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here