Veterinary Technician (Large Animal)
St. Johns, MI Posted: 6/11/2021
Mission Veterinary Partners is expanding our network and looking for a full-time or Veterinary Assistant or Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team in Mid Michigan (July 2021 Start)!
Our ideal candidate will possess strong technical skill and provide support for on call farm / DVM support M-F along with in office duties. We offer excellent wages based on experience, insurance and 401k contribution.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Join a growing team that provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals (under new management).
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
- Veterinary Technician Licensure (LVT) required - newly graduated welcome (training available)!
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials.
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here