Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has an immediate opportunity for a Veterinary Project Support Specialist to become a valuable member of our growing Continuous Improvement team. In this important role, you'll be responsible for all phases of project development to execution and ongoing veterinary hospital support. Using your strong experience in the veterinary clinical setting, you'll be able to work on a variety of different projects simultaneously. You'll be organized, efficient and can help bring a vision to life! You'll have a passion for learning and excellent communication skills.
How You'll Make an Impact:
Laboratory: Reference and In-House
- Responsible for helping to onboard new veterinary hospitals in our MVP reference lab contract; pricing discussions, ensure supply delivery, training
- Working with Lab Team to host upcoming pilot 2-day live Lab Rollover events in the Detroit Metro area. These will then go to quarterly.
- Work with veterinary hospital leaders on goal setting and tracking
- Serve as ongoing veterinary hospital support to ensure doctor and team satisfaction
- Work together with key leaders both within MVP and our lab partners to review quarterly performance and develop growth plans and key performance indicators
- Responsible for keeping our Reference lab database match updated as new tests are added.
- Primary responsibility for doing our initial Pre-Post MVP Lab contract savings analysis using the above info
- Gathering raw data from pertinent individuals across various departments
- Collating such data to facilitate interpretation
- Compiling hospital chosen lab pricing and updating pricing worksheets as price changes occur
- Analyze testing habits of hospitals using monthly usage reports to determine more optimal test choices to improve patient care, client experience and drive increased revenue
Pricing & Profitability
- Work with veterinary hospital leaders on pricing and training on what goes into the cost of a service
- Track performance against operational metrics to work with partners to exceed accuracy and efficiency targets
- Trigger district leaders when price reviews are needed
- Compile and review monthly usage reports for hospital leaders
- Work with a committee of veterinary hospital user leaders throughout the MVP network to continually refine best practices and key performance metrics.
Future Project Needs
- Work in collaboration with project teams to assist in development, beta execution and hand-off
- Help explore new initiative needs within our organization and research as needed.
Talents You'll Bring to MVP:
- Bachelor or associate degree in veterinary health and/or business field, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Certified Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Practice Manager strongly preferred
- Have a deep knowledge of veterinary terminology and test components commonly run in the lab
- A minimum of 3+ years in a leadership role in veterinary clinical practice with strong project and business involvement required
- Have the heart of teacher with a strong desire to develop teams for success, while being resourceful. Ability and enjoyment to change manage
- Ability to spot inefficiencies and create solutions quickly
- Strong computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook and at least one veterinary practice management software systems)
- Ability to meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude in an ever-changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Up to 20% travel possible
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We're a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States. And while it's important to know what we are, it's more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.