Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has a new opportunity for Instructional Designer to join our growing Human Resources team. MVP's Instructional Designer works with various stakeholders supporting and executing the design and delivery of Learning Solutions for both existing team members and new hires. This role leverages experience with formal training methods to lead the creation of interactive, scalable, innovative, and measurable solutions that engage learners and meet business needs. You will also collaborate with other stakeholders to provide supporting training content that integrates with a range of audience appropriate communication forums and tools, measuring results and continuously improving MVPs employment brand through a seamlessly coordinated and integrated learning solution and communications approach.
How you will make an impact:
- Design and develop effective, engaging, and high-quality instructional materials and curriculum for a variety of delivery methods including, but not limited to eLearning, video, instructor-led trainings and learning aids.
- Design and storyboard engaging learning experiences in the form of modules and courses to ensure content is easily digestible by learners.
- Develop and communicate design project plans, including key milestones and deliverables as appropriate, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Conduct regular course evaluations to determine effectiveness of training and incorporate measurement assessment results into future trainings.
- Improve training effectiveness of existing content and materials into eLearning and other necessary deliverables to optimize learning.
- Develop training strategies that leverage appropriate instructional design tools to design and implement the required deliverables as efficiently as possible.
- Collaborate with MVP's media partner and other service providers to help enhance instructional design and content delivery.
- Actively engage stakeholders in development process. Seek input from SMEs and multiple POV and ensure creation of salient and engaging training content.
- Design content according to R.A.C.E standards for material that will be utilized to support Continuing Education credits for employees.
- Remain knowledgeable and current of all emerging instructional technologies and design style, as well as best practices, and make recommendations when new processes, styles, tools, or technologies should be adopted.
- Ensure key metrics are met to measure success of training programs. Key metrics may include, but are not limited to, evaluation of course design, Net Promoter Scores, employee engagement, learning & course competencies, assessment & measurement, course technology, instructional materials, accessibility & usability, and impact on organizational performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Talents you will bring to MVP:
- BA/BS degree or higher in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, Communications, or related business field, with a minimum of three years of Instructional design experience. MA or MS degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional work environment preferred.
- Experience creating engaging and effective eLearning modules utilizing Adobe Captivate, Articulate Rise/Storyline, or similar design tool.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systematic approaches to instructional design such as ADDIE, SAM, Gagne, or other instructional methods.
- Working knowledge of learning management systems and Microsoft Office suite
- Listens to and builds relationships with internal stakeholders, learners, and subject matter experts; increases learner satisfaction and ensures commitments are met. Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence. Promotes collaboration and assists others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Quick learner and self-starter.
- Communicates very effectively both verbally and in writing across a wide range of audiences; listens to and understands various viewpoints; shares relevant information timely; provides constructive feedback; maintains professionalism.
- Presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups meeting them where they are at, delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen.
- Ability to work independently, executes tasks efficiently, flexible, and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to effectively set priorities and execute on tight deadlines.
- Proactively identifies potential challenges and opportunities. Defines issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generates innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems.
- Influences, motivates, and empowers others to achieve objectives and to develop a culture where employees feel ownership in what they do.
- Up to 25% travel anticipated.
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We are a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States. And while it is important to know what we are, it is more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What is in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K... not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.