Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) has an immediate opportunity for a Payroll Specialist to be a valuable member of our growing People team! As Payroll Specialist, you will partner closely with the Payroll Manager to deliver accurate payroll services with a focus on driving best practices and process improvements. Our Corporate Headquarters is located in Southfield, Michigan, but you can live and work remotely from anywhere in this role!
How you'll make an impact:
- Process accurate bi-weekly payroll to include maintaining employee information (salaries, benefits, deductions, taxes, garnishments, direct deposits), review earnings and produce payroll/financial reports.
- Verify accuracy of time entry for completeness. Communicate with Practice Managers to verify and/or correct timecard issues.
- Ensure precise and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations and changes in pay rates.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems and procedures.
- Support in signature projects, reporting and other assignments related to job function as needed.
Talents you'll bring to MVP:
- 5+ experience in Payroll and/or HR project management
- BA degree in Accounting, Business, HR or related field preferred
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence people across multiple job functions and levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty and rapidly evolving landscape
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce a plus!
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We're a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States. - and while it's important to know what we are, it's more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.