Advanced Animal Hospital of Wisconsin is looking for a dedicated full-time Lead Certified Veterinary Technician to lead us into a new level of care and training!
$2,000.00 Sign On Bonus for Qualified Candidates
Address: 3374 W Loomis Rd, Greenfield, WI 53221
We are a well-established, full service, Urgent Care Walk-in & ER clinic serving Milwaukee County and the surrounding communities. Our patients are not limited to just cats and dogs; we see pocket pets too! We are a group of hardworking individuals with a single goal in mind: to practice a high quality of medicine to provide the best care possible. In order to provide this level of care we utilize our technicians and support team members to the fullest extent of their skills. We recognize that our team is the foundation of our business and of our way of life. Qualified individuals will have opportunity to excel in a positive and fun environment, provide exceptional customer service, manage multiple tasks at once, learning and growing with the assistance of a committed management team.
· Offering competitive / above market compensation based on experience with opportunities for increases
· Extensive benefit plan with medical benefits options, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs, and MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing
Shift Details: This is a full-time position 30+ hours/week; must be flexible to work shifts 8:00AM-6:00PM, 8:00AM-7:00PM, or 10:00AM - 7:00PM. Every other weekend will be required. Some evenings in the near future will be required.
Must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
· Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
· Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, nursing care, and dentistry.
· Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, create estimates and discharge instructions with clients.
· Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in/out clients. Answer practice phone lines.
· Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
· Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
· Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
· Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
· Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
· 1+ years of Emergency or Urgent care experience preferred OR
· 3+ years of General Practice experience
· Veterinary Technician Certification preferred.
· Have experience monitoring anesthesia, CRI and controlled substance logging and use, training technician staff.
· Must possess strong work ethic, be proactive in meeting patients and client needs.
Apply today for immediate consideration!