Roose Animal Hospital has an opportunity for a Lead Licensed Veterinary Technician.
Are you a great technician with strong leadership qualities looking to take on an elevated role in a great clinic?
We are seeking an experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician to lead our team of vet technicians and assistants!
Address: 509 W. Ann Arbor Trail. Plymouth, MI 48170
Shift Details: Full time position, offering a flexible 4 day work week with every other Saturday. (30+ hours/week)
About Us: We are located in scenic, downtown Plymouth, MI on W. Ann Arbor Trail. We have been proudly serving this community and its pets for the past 20 years. Caring for your dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, and other small pets is what we are here to do. Our goal is to continue to provide high quality veterinary medicine combined with individualized client education, professional communication, respect, and a healing environment.
We are seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician with experience in surgery setting. We are a high volume fast paced clinic with exceptional standards of care!
Benefits we offer:
- Industry leading pay for you, discounts for your furry friends!
- Medical, vision and dental benefits package.
- 401k program with company match starting day 1!
- A yearly scrub allowance for all employees.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on work-life harmony - You'll get PTO and have the time to use it!
- Free virtual yoga, fitness and meditation classes for ALL employees.
- Free virtual registered dietitian lead wellness, nutrition and cooking classes for ALL employees.
- Quarterly bonus opportunities!
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
How you'll make an impact:
- Help manage a team of veterinary technicians and assistants .
- Direct/assist technicians and assistants in their performance of technical and client education duties.
- Ensure staff understands and is in compliance with OSHA/DEA regulations, hospital safety procedures, and hospital policies and procedure.
- Oversee technician/assistant daily/weekly/monthly checklists and maintenance logs.
- Help resolve informal employee complaints and be familiar with human resource policies and hospital procedures.
- Conduct weekly departmental meetings to review goals, listen to concerns and report back to the Practice Manager along with solutions-based recommendations when necessary.
- Guiding daily workflow, supporting positive work culture, and leading by example.
- Coaching and mentoring veterinary technicians and assistants.
- Facilitating communication among all practice teams to ensure excellent patient care and client service
- Collaborating with the CSR team to ensure client needs and concerns are thoroughly addressed
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Ideal qualifications / candidate attributes:
- 5+ years of technician experience preferred.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) specific position.
Apply for immediate consideration!