Skilled Veterinary Assistant or Veterinary Technician
Clive, IA Posted: 8/2/2021
Waukee-Clive Veterinary Clinic is seeking a skilled Veterinary Assistant or Veterinary Technician to join our team!
15151 Hickman Rd, Clive, IA 50325
$500 sign-on bonus available!
We are a full service animal hospital that has the capabilities to take in both emergency cases, as well as common medical, surgical, and dental issues. We have 5 doctors on staff, offering a wide array of services to pets in our community.
We are looking for a full-time veterinary technician to join our fun, dynamic team! At least one year of previous veterinary technician experience is preferred.
Shift details: 30+ hours/week, working 3 full days (7a-6p) during the week, with one half-day and a day off during the week. Must be able to work alternating Saturdays from 8a-12p
How you'll make an impact:
- Provide quality patient care in tandem with other medical professionals.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery and dentistry.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in patient files. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Schedule appointments, take payments and check-in clients. Answer practice phone lines.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties and equipment maintenance as directed.
- Support a work environment and culture that values critical thinking, problem solving, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
- 1+ years of technician or assistant experience preferred.
- RVT specific positions also available!
- Have minimum of 3-6 months experience monitoring anesthesia and performing exam room tech duties.
- Be able to draw blood from both Jugular and Cephalic. Be able to place an IV Catheter.
Benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and credentials. (Hourly)
- Generous bonus available for qualified candidates! ($500)
- MVP Dream Fund: Profit sharing (in eligible clinics)
- Medical Benefits package, vacation, 401k (match), scrub allowance, pet discounts & wellness programs.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on culture, wellness & balance.
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds and lift over 50 pounds with the assistance of a coworker. Requires sufficient ambulatory skills.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position. Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
We put people first and never compromise on our values.
Apply for immediate consideration!
Already have an account? Log in here