Job Title: Veterinary Technician Recruiter
Reports to: Director of Talent Acquisition
Department: People Solutions
Company: Mission Veterinary Partners
Location: HQ/Southfield, MI (remote position possible)
The Veterinary Technician Recruiter or "VT Recruiter" will work closely with the Director of Talent Acquisition and broader Talent Solutions team to understand business objectives, assess important hiring needs, and manage the full-cycle recruitment process for assigned clinics. This role is fast-paced and the VT Recruiter is results oriented and focuses efforts on identifying the most effective and efficient recruitment strategies in a difficult supply/demand applicant setting to attract the very best talent to our growing organization. The VT Recruiter will deliver superior hiring manager and candidate experiences by adhering to strategic sourcing and assessment practices.
How you will make an impact:
- Work closely with the Director of Talent Acquisition, Talent Team, and Senior MVP Hospital Leadership to address hospital Vet Tech staffing needs across the Company.
- Customize appropriate job descriptions to attract optimal qualified interest.
- Review incoming application submissions and screen for fit.
- Conduct interviews (Virtual / Phone) to assess candidate hard and soft skills through a combination or behavioral interview and competency-based evaluations in support of hiring manager criteria.
- Solicit feedback from hiring managers concerning “satisfaction level” and adjust performance/hiring strategy according to the feedback to ensure satisfaction and quality.
- Leverage various candidate sourcing resources: internet, industry job boards, referrals, social media, colleges, and other networking avenues.
- Maintain data integrity via the Company applicant tracking system (“SmartSearch” transitioning to new platform iCIMS)
- Develop a robust candidate pipeline through new and existing relationships with targeted schools, programs, associations, referrals, etc.
- Knowledgeable about employment offer terms, compensation, benefits packages, and company competition.
- Ensure positive candidate and hiring manager experience throughout the hiring process.
- Serve as a proud brand advocate for Mission Veterinary Partners, representing the organization at various national recruiting events, including school career fairs, networking events, and industry conferences (up to 20% travel).
- Assists Sr. Leadership in signature projects and other assignment related to job function
Talents you'll bring to MVP:
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university.
- Minimum of 2 years of recruiting / interviewing experience (healthcare, veterinary, and/or corporate recruiting experience preferred).
- Ability to thrive in a start-up, fast-paced and continuously evolving environment
- Highly adaptable and flexible in nature
- Creative with solutions-oriented focus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Sense of humor
- Strong customer service, professional and friendly demeanor.
- Possesses strong initiative, able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines well.
- High attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Professional and able to develop professional relationships well.
- Ability to handle sensitive company information at all times.
Why Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP)?
Because we do things a bit differently here. We're a rapidly growing network of veterinary hospitals located throughout the United States. And while it's important to know what we are, it's more important to know what drives us - our mission to be the employer of choice in veterinary medicine. Our actions speak louder than those words. We invest in our talented teams and our connection to our core values last longer than a quick glance through the employee handbook - we live them every day! MVP is a place where careers thrive for those who believe the right team can achieve anything.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation with bonus structure, a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, generous PTO, pet health discount and dollar for dollar match on 401K...not to mention a team of smart and friendly coworkers!
Mission Veterinary Partners (MVP) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.