Hales Corners Veterinary Clinic is looking for a Veterinary Receptionist to join our team!
Our Clinic is a full-service companion animal hospital providing veterinary care to the Hales Corners, Milwaukee, Franklin, Greenfield, and Greendale areas. We offer Orthopedic Surgery, Dental Care, Wellness Exams, Laser Therapy, Senior Wellness, In-House Labs and Digital Radiology.
Location: 5151 S. 108th St. Hales Corners, WI 53130
Shift Details: This is a full-time position working nine-hour shifts, four days a week with occasional Saturday mornings.
Summary: A veterinary receptionist must be able to provide excellent customer care in accordance with hospital policy and promote gold standard medical care. While under the supervision of the practice manager, a veterinary receptionist must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and checking in clients.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
- Cleaning and Maintenance.
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- To perform this job successfully it will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- May be asked to assist animals with minimal contact.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Delegate additional cleaning duties as necessary during slow times in the absence of a supervisor.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds, and over 50 pounds with a co-worker.
- Endure sitting, standing and walking on hard floor surfaces for extended periods
- Ability to be confident around pets.
- Able to work in noisy work conditions with sounds from animals and equipment that can be moderately high.
- Client needs and work volume may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while in a hospital environment.
- Employee is routinely exposed to a variety of pets that may bite or scratch, and on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards and medication/controlled substances.
- Minimal travel required, possibly for vendor visits and associate education.
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with all clients and team members.
Benefits we offer:
- Industry leading pay for you, discounts for your furry friends!
- Medical, vision and dental benefits package.
- 401k program with company match starting day 1!
- A yearly scrub allowance for all employees.
- Flexible schedule with a focus on work-life harmony - You'll get PTO and have the time to use it!
- Free virtual yoga, fitness and meditation classes for ALL employees.
- Free virtual registered dietitian lead wellness, nutrition and cooking classes for ALL employees.
- Quarterly bonus opportunities!
- Customized learning and developmental opportunities!
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Mission Veterinary Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.